Sunday, August 24, 2008

Monsterism #53


MONSTER: The Jabberwock
MOVIE: Jabberwocky

Another Gilliam favourite of mine -- actually, it probably is my favourite (outside of the Python films). It certainly isn't for everyone, but I've been watching this time and time again since I was little, as my favourite literary monster has always been the Jabberwock. This is a fantastic interpretation of the poem, starring my favourite Python actor Michael Palin. The monster is shoddy and horrendous in terms of sophisticated and believable special effects, but in the context of the film, it just works so well.

1 comment:

Mansi said...

HI Jones
According to your profile it seems that you are a Film Making. I hope you have already seen filmaka.com as this website is for Film maker, Film Directors and everyone related to Film making. This website offers many cash prizes ($1500-$4500) and give feature film contract. Last year Filmaka awarded $5 million in production funding to a Londoner, Nuru Rimington-Mkali, to direct his feature film
It is Strange but its true....
bye
Take care
Mansi