Monday, July 16, 2007

This Week's Comics

Outside of my own comic hitting the shelves this week, here's what I'll be picking up:


NOV060032 STAR WARS DARK TIMES #4 (OF 5) $2.99

I'm a perpetual Star Wars nerd and have been since I first saw the movies. Dark Times has ridiculously good art and continues on the excellent storyline involving the hunting of the Jedi post Order 66.

MAY070127 COUNTDOWN 41 $2.99

My first foray into DC crossover events and it's looking okay so far! I'm in it mainly for the Jason Toddness of it all though, as he's a character that interests me a great deal.


MAY072126 AVENGERS INITIATIVE #4 WWH $2.99
The only true Initiative title I've decided to pick up (but really only as long as there's a Spidey anchor to it). The reason? Well, Tony Stark's given the Iron Spider costumes to some new group and are going by the title "The Scarlet Spiders". The Clone Saga was probably one of the bigger Spidey events in my growing up, so the reference makes me giddy. I also rather dug Spidey's Iron duds, so it's cool to see them being utilised again, even though I know they'll be used to hunt Peter down.

MAY072096 FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #22 $2.99

Peter David = Awesome. This is a great Spidey title, having a really nice old school feel to it, but keeping up with the modern MU.

MAY072154 SUPER VILLAIN TEAM UP MODOKS 11 #1 (OF 5) $2.99

C'mon! It's MODOK for God's sake! The Chameleon is also part of this team, who just so happens to be my favourite Spidey villain. This looks like a hell of a lot of fun too!

MAY072155 THUNDERBOLTS DESPERATE MEASURES $2.99

What happens when you put the world's most dangerous supervillains into a team together to help bring down rogue superheros in a post Civil War Marvel Universe, AND slap Marvel's biggest loon at it's command? You get one of the best books Marvel has on the shelves at the moment. Warren Ellis is doing great things with this book, but I just wish they'd let the Thunderbolts cut loose on some A-Listers. Looks like Norman Osborn is losing the plot too, which will definitely make for interesting reading...

MAY072119 WORLD WAR HULK #2 (OF 5) WWH $3.99

World War Hulk #1 won me over with "Puny humans, I have come to smash." This is going to be fun!

MAR073093 GARGOYLES #5 $3.50

The continuation of Disney's canceled cult favourite. I love it when creators get to continue things THEIR way, you get top flight entertainment such as this. Pity about the delays though, still, it's worth the wait!

MAY073618 TALES OF RAPHAEL BAD MOON RISING #1 (OF 4) $3.25

Bill Moulage fronts the first of this four part TMNT mini, which is the sequel to one of my favourite Tales of issues. Should be fun!

MAY073619 TALES OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #36 $3.25

My comic. 'Nuff said.

No comments: