Monday, June 25, 2007

One Year Later

Wow. It's been a while... Why am I back? Good question. One that I'm still unsure of to be honest. I've noticed a lot of people making the jump back to their livejournals of blogspots from their previously held myspace accounts for various reasons, and that could have something to do with it. It could also have something to do with the relative ease and accessibility of blogspot blogs and their posting, it could also have something to do with the inordinate amount of sex-clones that have spread through myspace like a horrible plague. Mainly, as one of my myspace friends made note of as he made the switch, it comes down to the bugs. Myspace has a lot of them. Myspace is good for keeping in touch, but from here on out, I think I'll be keeping the business end of things here.

SO!

One Year Later.

A lot's happened. Here's a big, old list!

- I made the decision to leave university and focus solely on my writing and pursuing a career in comic book writing (hopefully, with some screenwriting along the way).

- I managed to achieve something I had only dreamed of accomplishing - I wrote an issue of Mirage Publishing's "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", which is due for release in just a few weeks! I only just realised that as I wrote it, too!

- DC had it's Infinite Crisis, something I passed on, and I had my Health Crisis, something I wished I'd passed on.

- Marvel had it's Civil War, Spidey was unmasked, Captain America was killed. It was a big fun read and a crossover event to which I bought every single tie-in and variant. Some may say I'm a sucker, but the way I see it, it's probably going to be the biggest event of my lifetime (in the Marvel Universe) - like, Secret Wars huge - and decided that this would be the one event I went all out on (I'm a Spidey fan, so I usually only get titles that revolve around him).

- I finished my studies at RMIT (studying Film and Television) and enrolled in Media and Communications at Swinburne University (I have a fairly extensive rant waiting to burst forth from the back of my mind about that, but I'll save that for another day).

- I'm being published by Titan Magazines UK, writing their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward! strips. My first story was published in their first issue, and my next one appears on the 2nd of August.

- Coming in second to my Mirage comic on my own personal "Excite-O-Meter" (that's mine, but you can use it) is my trip to America. Come the 23rd of July, I'll be flying with my old man and some good friends to attend the San Diego Comic Con, and then spending a week in the Big Apple. I was lucky enough to get into the Con as a professional, so I plan on taking full advantage of that!

- I put a knife through my hand about a week ago. Breakfast preparation leads to disaster.

- A host of other things probably happened too, but these are the things that stick out. From here on, I'll be posting my professional progress and occasional random ponderings here, so check it out and hopefully you'll enjoy!

Peace!

T

No comments: