Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Castlevania Comic - Wishful Thinking

I was just over at Paul's blog, checking out some of his old art when I came across this again.
Now, I'm an insanely huge fan of the Castlevania series. I even got the chance to discuss the comic book possibilities with IDW's EIC Chris Ryall at last year's San Diego Comic Con. Unfortunately I'd heard that IDW lost the comic license to the franchise, but I'd also heard in the same breath that Silent Hill was a lost license as well, BUT a great new Silent Hill story was put out just last week by the crew over at IDW (so whether this is the last story or what I have no idea). Anyway, I saw this picture Paul whipped (ha! Get it? Sorry, in-joke...) up and couldn't help but think how unreal it'd be to do a Castlevania mini with Paul. So much potential for complete, dominating awesomeness! Alas...

If anyone does know who's got the license right now or what the status of it is, I'd love to know!

You should check out Paul's his Dracula designs too (though not strictly Castlevania's Dracula)! His blog is linked at the side...

Peace!

1 comment:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> .. damm ,Paul is so good..

i'd so love some nice animated feature with Castlevania..

Damm Paul would do som killer conceptuals !!

>v<